21 February 2011

Reel Wisdom

I made this video because I love films and I think there is great wisdom inherent in the film medium. This video represents some of the best film wisdom I could find, edited together as a single, coherent piece of advice.

In creating this video, I wanted to focus on a few key themes, while featuring as many films as I could. As a result, Reel Wisdom features a broad array of films, from action/adventure and sci-fi films, to dramas and traditional/CG animated films in order to show how all genres of film have something important to say.

There are a lot of Star Wars lines, I know. I included those mainly because I grew up watching Star Wars, and I love all the great lessons found in the films. And obviously, I couldn't make a video with all the wisdom from films, because it would be really long and rather incoherent. This video contains wisdom from only 40 films in a world where hundreds of films are made every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment